Question of the Week
Based on each Sunday’s Scripture readings, your “Question of the Week” offers opportunities for deeper reflection and faith-sharing. Make the “Question of the Week” your starting point in for small group faith-sharing, family prayer time, and daily reflection.
Basado en las lecturas de la Escritura de cada domingo, su “Pregunta de la Semana” ofrece oportunidades de reflexión más profunda y compartimiento de la fe. Haga la “Pregunta de la Semana” su punto de partida en para el compartimiento de la fe del grupo pequeño, tiempo del rezo de la familia y reflexión diaria.
Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time: The reassurance of faith
06-25-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Jeremiah 20:10–13 (Jeremiah's faith in crisis)
- Reading II: Romans 5:12–15 (mankind's sin through Adam)
- Gospel: Matthew 10:26–33 (reassurance to the Twelve)
- Key Passage: Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. (Matthew 10:28a)
- Adult: When has your faith in Jesus been most seriously tested?
- Child: What could you do to encourage someone who is feeling hurt?
Body and Blood of Christ: Bread for others
06-18-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Deuteronomy 8:2-3, 14-16 (God's care)
- Reading II: 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 (the Eucharist vs. pagan sacrifices)
- Gospel: John 6:51-58 (the living bread)
- Key Passage: I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh. (John 6:51)
- Adult: What does it mean for you right now to be bread for others as Jesus was?
- Child: In what ways can Jesus' presence in the Eucharist help you do good things for others?
Trinity Sunday: A God of love
06-11-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Exodus 34:4-6, 8-9 (renewal of the tablets)
- Reading II: 2 Corinthians 13:11-13 (farewell)
- Gospel: John 3:16-18 (belief in the Son sent by the Father)
- Key Passage: For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. (John 3:16)
- Adult: We live within the Trinity whenever we live in love. How does this mystery connect to your daily life?
- Child: How do you choose to live as a more loving person?
Pentecost: Sent to serve
06-04-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 2:1-11 (descent of the Holy Spirit)
- Reading II: 1 Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13 (many gifts, one Spirit, and the analogy of the body)
- Gospel: John 20:19-23 (appearance to the disciples)
- Key Passage: Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit." (John 20:21–22)
- Adult: What important work does Jesus ask of you at this time in your life?
- Child: How would Jesus want you to treat your friends and family this week?
05-28-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 1:1–11 (Jesus' final instructions and ascension)
- Reading II: Ephesians 1:17–23 (exaltation of Christ)
- Gospel: Matthew 28:16–20 (I am with you always)
- Key Passage: "You will receive the power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will witness...to the ends of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
- Adult: Jesus promises to be with us always. How do you experience his presence most?
- Child: What good news about Jesus could you share with your friends?
Sixth Sunday of Easter:The strength of faith
05-21-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 8:5-8, 14-17 (Philip in Samaria)
- Reading II: 1 Peter 3:15-18 (on Christian suffering)
- Gospel: John 14:15-21 (promise of the Paraclete)
- Key Passage: Jesus said, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever." (John 14:16)
- Adult: The Spirit gives us inner wisdom and strength. When have you experienced this?
- Child: The Holy Spirit makes you strong inside. When do you need to be strong?
Fifth Sunday of Easter: Jesus, the Way
05-14-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 6:1-7 (the need of assistants)
- Reading II: 1 Peter 2:4-9 (living stones)
- Gospel: John 14:1-12 (last discourse: the way, the truth, and the life)
- Key Passage: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)
- Adult: In a challenge you face right now, what will it mean to live the way of Jesus Christ?
- Child: Name some ways you can be more like Jesus when you are playing with your friends or family.
Fourth Sunday of Easter: Called to be shepherds
05-07-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 2:14, 36-41 (Peter's discourse)
- Reading II: 1 Peter 2:20-25 (for the slave)
- Gospel: John 10:1-10 (the Good Shepherd)
- Key Passage: [The shepherd] goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. (John 10:4)
- Adult: How are you a shepherd to those in your care?
- Child: What will you do this week to show you love those around you?