Question of the Week
Based on each Sunday’s Scripture readings, your “Question of the Week” offers opportunities for deeper reflection and faith-sharing. Make the “Question of the Week” your starting point in for small group faith-sharing, family prayer time, and daily reflection.
Basado en las lecturas de la Escritura de cada domingo, su “Pregunta de la Semana” ofrece oportunidades de reflexión más profunda y compartimiento de la fe. Haga la “Pregunta de la Semana” su punto de partida en para el compartimiento de la fe del grupo pequeño, tiempo del rezo de la familia y reflexión diaria.
12-10-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Isaiah 40:1-5, 9-11 (Promise of salvation)
- Reading II: 2 Peter 3:8-14 (Christ will come in judgment)
- Gospel: Mark 1:1-8 (John the Baptist)
- Key Passage: The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish but all to come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)
- Adults: With whom could you be more patient this week, as God has been patient with you?
- Kids: With whom can you be more patient?
12-03-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Isaiah 63:16b-17, 19b; 64:2-7 (Prayer for the return of God's favor)
- Reading II: 1 Corinthians 1:3-9 (Thanksgiving)
- Gospel: Mark 13:33-37 - (Need for watchfulness)
- Key Passage: God is faithful; and by him you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Corinthians 1:9)
- Adults: How do you know when you're following Christ and living his teachings faithfully?
- Kids: What good thing might God be asking you to do right now?
Using Your Gifts
11-19-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Proverbs 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31 (ideal wife)
- Reading II: 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6 (the need for preparation)
- Gospel: Matthew 25:14-30 (parable of the silver pieces)
- Key Passage: The servant said, "Master, you handed over to me five talents; see, I have made five more talents." His master said to him, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Since you were faithful in small matters, I will give you great responsibilities. Come, share your master's joy." (Matthew 25:20b–21)
- Adult: What gift have you not developed as you had hoped? What could you still do?
- Child: What gift has God given you? What do you want to do with it?
Actions and Consequences
11-12-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Wisdom 6:12-16 (the availability of wisdom to those who seek)
- Reading II: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 (resurrection of the dead)
- Gospel: Matthew 25:1-13 (parable of the ten virgins)
- Key Passage: Jesus said, "Keep awake therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour" (Matthew 25:13).
- Adult: We meet Christ sometimes when we least expect it. How can you be ready to see him in all the ways he is present?
- Child: What are some surprising ways in which you meet Christ in your daily life?
Sincerity of the Heart
11-05-2017Question of the Week
- Reading I: Malachi 1:14b-2:2b, 8–10 (punishment for imperfect sacrifices)
- Reading II: 1 Thessalonians 2:7b-9, 13 (Paul's sincerity)
- Gospel: Matthew 23:1-12 (hypocrisy of the scribes and Pharisees)
- Key Passage: Jesus said, "Therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach." (Matthew 23:3)
- Adult: Is there an area of your life in which you sometimes feel like a hypocrite?
- Child: Why is it important for you to live according to how you believe?