Question of the Week
Based on each Sunday’s Scripture readings, your “Question of the Week” offers opportunities for deeper reflection and faith-sharing. Make the “Question of the Week” your starting point in for small group faith-sharing, family prayer time, and daily reflection.
Basado en las lecturas de la Escritura de cada domingo, su “Pregunta de la Semana” ofrece oportunidades de reflexión más profunda y compartimiento de la fe. Haga la “Pregunta de la Semana” su punto de partida en para el compartimiento de la fe del grupo pequeño, tiempo del rezo de la familia y reflexión diaria.
Strengthening your Faith
04-29-2018Question of the Week
Reading I: Acts 9:26-31 - Saul visits Jerusalem
Reading II: 1 John 3:18-24 - The actions of believers
Gospel: John 15:1-8 - The vine and the branches
Key Passage: [The vine grower] removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. (John 15:2)
Adult: When have you been "pruned" by your experiences in a way that led to greater abundance?
Child: When have you felt stronger or better because you did something hard to help another person?READ MORE
Called to be Shepherds
04-22-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 4:8-12 - The stone that has become the cornerstone
- Reading II: 1 John 3:1-2 - Recognizing the Son
- Gospel: John 10:11-18 - The Good Shepherd
- Key Passage: Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:11)
Adult: Whom are you shepherding in your life right now, and who shepherds you?
Child: Who has been like a shepherd to you by their example? For whom could you be a shepherd?READ MORE
The Living Christ
04-15-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 3:13-15, 17-19 - Peter's discourse on Jesus' resurrection
- Reading II: 1 John 2:1-5a - Keeping the commandments
- Gospel: Luke 24:35-48 - Jesus appears to the Eleven
- Key Passage: Jesus said to them, "Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet; see that it is I myself."
Adult: What questions about Jesus still arise in the midst of your faith?
Child: What question would you like to ask someone about Jesus' appearance to the Apostles?READ MORE
Following the Example of Jesus
04-08-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 4:32-35 - Life of the Christians
- Reading II: 1 John 5:1-6 - Belief in Jesus Christ
- Gospel: John 20:19-31 - Appearance to the disciples
- Key Passage: Now the whole group of those who believed were of one heart and soul; no one claimed private ownership of any possessions; everything they owned was held in common. (Acts 4:32)
Adult: What could you do this week to inspire your family to resemble the early Christians more closely?
Child: What could you and your family do to help others who are in need?READ MORE
Made New by Christ
04-01-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Acts 10:34a, 37-43 - Peter's discourse
- Reading II: Colossians 3:1-4 - Mystical death and resurrection
- Gospel: John 20:1-9 - Peter and the disciple at the tomb
- Key Passage: Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our paschal lamb, Christ, has been sacrificed. (1 Corinthians 5:7)
Adult: What change could the hope of the resurrection of Christ inspire you to make?
Child: What bad habit would you like to "clear out" during the hopeful time of this Easter season?READ MORE
Love and Betrayal
03-25-2018Question of the Week
- GOSPEL: Mark 11:1-10 (Welcomed with palms)
- Reading I: Isaiah 50:4-7 (Salvation only through the Lord's servant)
- Reading II: Philippians 2:6-11 (Jesus, compassionate high priest)
- Gospel: Mark 14:1-15:47 (The passion of Jesus)
- Key Passage: The Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said to him, "Before the cock crows today, you will deny me three times." (Luke 22:61)
Adult: When have you felt that you betrayed the confidence of another, as Peter did when he denied Jesus?
Child: When have you let someone down who trusted you? How did you feel?READ MORE
03-18-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Ezekiel 37:12-14 (prophecy of restoration)
- Reading II: Romans 8:8-11 (the flesh and the Spirit)
- Gospel: John 11:1-45 (the raising of Lazarus)
- Key Passage: Jesus said to Martha, "I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in me, even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25–26)
Adult: Christ calls us from death to new life. To what new life are you being called during this Lent?
Child: How does Jesus help you do what is good and avoid what is not?READ MORE
Source of Light
03-11-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: 1 Samuel 16:1b, 6-7, 10-13a (Samuel anoints David)
- Reading II: Ephesians 5:8-14 (duty to live in the light)
- Gospel: John 9:1-41 (the man born blind)
- Key Passage: For once you were darkness, but now in the Lord you are light. Live as Children of light—for the fruit of the light is found in all that is good and right and true. (Ephesians 5:8–9)
Adult: What are you doing in your life right now to move toward light rather than darkness?
Child: How can you let the light of your faith in Jesus shine for others to see?READ MORE
Source of Strength
03-04-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Exodus 17:3-7 - Water from the rock
- Reading II: Romans 5:1-2, 5-8 - Faith, Hope and Love
- Gospel: John 4:5-42 - The Samaritan woman at the well
- Key Passage: Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty. The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life." (John 4:13–14)
Adult: Where have you found a source of "living water" for your own journey of faith?
Child: Name some times when your belief in Jesus helped make you stronger.READ MORE
The Assurance of Faith
02-25-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Genesis 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 - The testing of Abraham
- Reading II: Romans 8:31b-34 - God's love for humanity
- Gospel: Mark 9:2-10 - Jesus transfigured
- Key Passage: Then Peter said to Jesus, "Rabbi, it is good for us to be here; let us make three dwellings, one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah." (Mark 9:5)
Adults: How deeply do you believe that since God is for you, no one can destroy you?
Kids: What would you like to ask God to do for you and your family?READ MORE
A Change of Hearts
02-18-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Genesis 9:8-15 - Covenant with Noah
- Reading II: 1 Peter 3:18-22 - The purpose of Christ's suffering
- Gospel: Mark 1:12-15 - Jesus' temptation; the call to conversion
- Key Passage: For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, in order to bring you to God. (1 Peter 3:18)
Adults: When or how could you step away from your daily responsibilities to renew yourself, so that you can do a better job of following in the footsteps of Jesus?
Kids: What good habit could you work on during Lent so you could grow closer to God?READ MORE
Models of Christ
02-11-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Leviticus 13:1-2, 44-46 - On leprosy
- Reading II: 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1 - Imitation of Christ
- Gospel: Mark 1:40-45 - Healing of a leper
- Key Passage: Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)
- Adults: Would you have the courage to tell others to do as you do in order to be a Christian? Why or why not?
- Kids: What can you do this week to be an example to others?
Comfort for the Sorrowful
02-04-2018Question of the Week
- Reading I: Job 7:1-4, 6-7 - Job's first reply
- Reading II: 1 Corinthians 9:16-19, 22-23 - Paul's recompense
- Gospel: Mark 1:29-39 - Cure of Peter's mother-in-law and other miracles
- Key Passage: That evening, at sundown, they brought to him all who were sick or possessed with demons. And the whole city was gathered around the door. And he cured many who were sick with various diseases, and cast out many demons. (Mark 1:32–34a)
- Adults: When have you felt the sadness of Job? When have you felt the joy of those who witnessed the healing works of Jesus?
- Kids: What is the most important thing you would like others to know about Jesus? How will you show or tell them?